Friday, October 20, 2017

Chickpea flour omelette

If you used to love omelettes and scrambles before you went vegan, then I understand you.
I used to love them too. And I love them still. But now I don't use eggs for my scrambles and omelettes. I use tofu or chickpea flour. Because I get the same feeling of comfort food (ok, not the exact same taste, but the feeling is the same) without the cruelty, fat and the heavy feeling in the stomach.
If you ask me, I love this way of life a lot! I still have foods that I loved before, but I don't have the guilt and all those heavy feeling as before. Which is so much better!
Ok, I think that this is enough rambling for just one post :)
Let's go to the recipe now


Ingredients:

60 g chickpea flour
10-15 g (1/6-1/4 cup) nutritional yeast
80 ml (1/3 cup) water or unsweetened plant milk
1-2 cup greens (fresh or frozen and thawed)
1 pinch of salt
½ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp chili flakes
½ tsp baking powder OPTIONAL
1 pinch of black salt if you want it to taste more like eggs


Method
If you have frozen vegetables, then you have to thaw them (I prefer to do that in a pan over medium heat, just to dry them a little) and squeeze out most of the water. If you don't do that your batter will be to wet and it won't cook properly.
Mix everything except the greens until you have a pancake like batter. Add the greens and mix until well combined.
Heat a nonstick pan and pour the batter. Cook on low heat covered with a lid until the top of your “omelette” is mostly dry. Carefully turn the omelette and cook for 5-6 minutes.

Serve with some more nutritional yeast, salad or the side of your choice.
If you want a scramble you scramble everything while cooking. Simple as that.

You have the video version of this recipe here: 






If you like what you see, then follow my blog, subscribe to my channel, like, comment and share. I post something new every Friday.
Let's build a community and spread the vegan message!




No comments:

Post a Comment