Friday, September 22, 2017

Chickpea flour seitan

If you want yet another recipe for seitan, here you have one. I added some chickpea flour to this one for some added nutrition: some fiber, a little bit of lysine, because wheat gluten has too little. It's not a huge lysine quantity, but still...
So, I chose to bake my seitan this time, but you can boil it, steam it... Your choice. 
I love to eat it instead of a steak or a roast, with a side salad, or use it in sandwiches or wraps. Sometimes I use it is stir fry or other things. I have a stir fry recipe here, if you want to take a look:)


Ingredients:
250 g (2 cups) wheat gluten
110 g (1 cup) chickpea flour
50 g (1 cup) nutritional yeast
150 g (1/2 cup) tomato sauce
30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
240 ml (1 cup) cold water and more if you need too
2 tsp smoky paprika
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp carraway
2 tsp garlic powder


Method:
Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add everything else beside the water (or vegetable stock) and mix until well combined.
Add the water or stock little by little and knead well until you reach the desired consistency (for at least 5 minutes, or better 10 minutes).
I prefer to bake it for about 1 hour with a little bit of water or tomato sauce/ juice (without water or tomato juice can be too dry). You can also steam or boil it. If you cut it in smaller pieces, then cut the cooking time in half or even less, depending of the size of the pieces.

I have a video for this recipe too :)
Don't forget to follow this blog, subscribe to my YouTube and comment if you have something to say





No comments:

Post a Comment